We only have a just over a month to go before Xmas arrives, and if you plan on entertaining and your terrace area is a little jaded, there’s still time for some additional features to be added. Here are just a few ideas to give you some inspiration to brighten up your outdoor living space.
- Shading – If your old umbrellas or awning have seen better days, why not invest in a bespoke retractable roof? It would be quite an investment, yet one that will stand the test of time, plus the addition of a fully retractable motorised roof would bump up the value of your home. If you don’t fancy the considerable investment of a permanent shading solution, buy a couple of cantilever umbrellas that can be moved with ease.
- Timber Decking – You could re-deck the terrace, and with a choice of solid or engineered timber, you can create an attractive platform in time for the festivities. When looking for timber decking in Brisbane, an online search will help you locate a nearby supplier, who would have a choice of seasoned timber.
- Wicker Furniture – The latest generation of wicker or rattan furniture uses aluminium frames, and with attractive wicker lounges at very affordable prices, you can add some very comfortable terrace seating.
- Solar Powered Exterior Lighting – You can buy a few LED solar powered stick-in lights that can be place into the lawn or the flower beds, which will give you attractive ground-level lighting for a soothing ambience. LED strip lighting can be draped over trees and shrubs, for that Disney effect, and there are quite a few colour options.
- Bar & Stools – If you haven’t already got a nice bar in the corner, there are some amazing deals to be had with the online gardening furniture supplier. Failing that, you could ask a local carpenter to make one to order, and that can be a focal feature of your terrace.
- Bluetooth Speakers – Any social occasion goes best with some suitable music, and a few Bluetooth speakers can be placed carefully, then you simply connect them to your smartphone and you can run your favourite playlists.
- Glass Balustrade – A glass balustrade is ideal for a terrace as it does not spoil the view, and there are specialist glaziers who can create a made to measure unit with seamless joins. The timber can be chosen to match the decking, which will certainly give the terrace a rustic feel.
- Greenery – Adding a few large vases with exotic dried grasses and pampas will really add some colour and texture, and creating a hanging wall garden at one end is an attractive feature that won’t go unnoticed.
As you can see, there are many ideas and it is really a question of taking stock of what you have and adding items that are in keeping with the surrounds. Online solutions will help you source suppliers, and if you order quickly, everything will be in pace for that Xmas party you are planning.